Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hablo Espanol!

Hola Amigos! Today I got the opportunity to observe My Anna-Claire's Spanish knowledge! She has been taking Spanish since she was three! Now that summer is here and she is loving life as a Junior Camper, Casey and I thought it would be good to let her take the summer off from Spanish and pick it back up again this fall when she starts kindergarten.

Her teacher Mrs. Rocio was gracious enough to set up a time today for Casey and I to see all that she has learned the past two years! She was amazing. A little shy but amazing! Not only does she know her colors, numbers (up to 50...I can barely count to 10), animals and foods in Spanish she is talking full sentences and using adjectives and verbs! I have to brag (I am her mom, hello) .... Mrs. Rocio said that she was very advanced in her ability to learn another language and very impressed by her focus on correct pronunciation! Hey, rolling the tongue for those rrrr sounds can be quite difficult! What better way to celebrate her love for Spanish and demonstrate her mad Spanish speaking skills than by having dinner at none other than our most favorite restaurant in the WHOLE WORLD... Mi Pueblo! Love it, Love the Cheese Dip, Love it, Love it!

In all seriousness, My Anna-Claire never ceases to amaze me! She truly is a gifted child. She has a passion and a drive to learn. And her ability to retain knowledge is remarkable! Casey and I are so blessed to have such a wonderful little girl! We are so thankful for her and for all that she brings to our lives.



Anna-Claire with her Spanish teacher Mrs. Rocio

No comments:

Post a Comment