So my first installment to Finding Frieda begins on the couch at home a few days ago. She and I were watching, "So You Think You Can Dance". Which by the way is our most favorite summer show! As we were watching all the talented dancers she said to me, "Momma, I love how they dance." I simply replied to her, "Well, Frieda you can be a dancer when you grow up if you want to." She paused and contemplated this thought for a minute and then said, "No, I am going to be Planet Saver when I grow up!" "A Planet Saver?" I asked. "Yeah, my friend Kayla and I are going to save the whole World one day by picking up litter and putting trash in the garbage!" Interesting I thought ....My child has set her sights on becoming a sanitation worker! I was thinking maybe a doctor, teacher or even a princess riding a flying unicorn, but a sanitation worker is a good stable career ...right?
A forced smile went across my face as I nodded and said, "Baby, whatever you want to be you can be!" She then proceeded to inform me that she would no longer be able to marry Tyler K (one of her friends from school) because she was going to save the planet as her job! Now, can you just imagine the creativity it took for me to explain that she could be a garbage picker-upper and still marry Tyler K? ....
Stay tuned for more installments of "Finding Frieda"
Frieda--te queiro mucho!!!! I am so proud of you and your mama and daddy. You will be a GREAT planet saver!! See you Saturday at Madeline's party!!!
ReplyDeleteel gran papi