Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

my little sugar plum

As we all know with Christmas comes traditions. If there is one tradition I love it is getting the chance to see the Nutcracker Ballet! Over the years I have had the opportunity to see many different versions of this beloved ballet. I have seen the Memphis Ballet Nutcracker, I have seen the Russian Ballet Nutcracker and a few years back I got the chance to see a Very Brady Nutcracker performed by a local dance company.

This year, I was privileged to see the best Nutcracker performance I believe I have ever seen. The performance was performed by the Briarcrest Performing Arts Dance Class. Now it being considered the best rendition I have ever seen could be partly (ok mostly) because my sweet Anna-Claire was one of the star performers! This year she was a Sugar Plum! And a very sweet sugar plum at that. Her butterfly turns were perfect. Her plies were full of grace. And her smile radiated across the stage. I don't think I have been more proud than I was in that moment!

As the finale to the stage, bows were taken and standing ovations were cheered I caught a glimpse of my little sugar plum and in that moment saw a prima ballerina!







No comments:

Post a Comment