First let me say ...the Young's LOVE us some Highpoint Church in Memphis! It is AMAZING! It has become home for us. It truly is where God has placed us! And for Him and His Glory, we are baring much fruit and are so blessed and grateful! We recently started leading the Singles Group there and never in my wildest dreams did I ever foresee us leading Singles! I mean seriously??? It has been a really, really long time since we were living the Single Life! The Lord definitely pushed us out of our comfort zone for sure! But man what an awesome journey it has been thus far! Our lives have been touched by so many incredible single men and women. All who have different stories and backgrounds. All who are at a different point in their spiritual journey! All who have a passion and desire for learning more about God! It is truely humbling that the Lord has placed Casey and Me and even Anna-Claire in each of their lives by way of some form or fashion! I now have single women in my life that I can pray with, I can dig deep in the word with, I can be accountable with! I have single women that pour their lives into me and I into them! The men I will leave for Casey to tend to! This group has become such a vital part of our lives! There was an emptiness in both Casey's and my heart! That void has been filled by way of these wonderful singles we serve!
It seems that these days we have very little time for us! If we aren't going here ... we are going there! If we are not spending time at church we are spending time with people from church! Our home is fastly becoming posted with an "open" door policy! And the moment I think, "We can actually go to bed early!", a text message appears on my phone or an email in my inbox! The list could go on but I would hate to exhaust you!
I say all that to say this ...I am in LOVE with being busy! Let me rephrase that ... I am in LOVE with being busy for my Lord! Everything I do, Everything I touch I want it to be because I long to serve Him! So that He alone can profit the Glory! My prayer is that I may never be found idle when there is something out there He has called me to do! May I never be unwilling to sacrifice my time for His need!
There have been times in my spiritual journey that Christ has called me to be still. He has called me to rest. He has called me to drop everything so that He can restore. And I am very thankful for that! But praise Him that He always calls me back to being busy! Our pastor Chris Conley recently made a profound statement that I absolutely loved! He said at that end of everyone's day we are all found tired because we have all been busy. So if we are going to be tired anyway, why not make part of the reason we are tired because of something we have done to impact God's Kingdom! What he said really made sense. How many times do we say I can't do this for the church or I can't do that becuase I am so tired from being busy! News flash we are going to be tired at the end of the day regardless of what we have done! Here is the catch, "Is our much needed rest because of something we have done for Him and His glory?" ... Is my much needed rest because of something I have done for Him and His glory? My prayer is that it is! I don't want to find that when I am face down on my hands and knees before my Savior that gave EVERYTHING for me I bring Him nothing. I don't want to come to Him empty handed because I was too busy doing something that in the grand scheme of things didn't really matter or empty handed because I was just too tired to carve out time in my day and in my life to serve Him!
Often times I use worry how our busy-ness affects Anna-Claire! It seems that everyday without fail she will ask one of two questions 1) Who are we going to dinner with tonight? or 2) Who is coming to our house tonight? Those questions no longer bring me to worry! They bring me to a place of joy! I know in my heart our busy-ness is not only teaching my beautiful daughter what it is to have a Servant's heart but what a Servant's heart looks like! And I find peace in knowing that I am leading by example. She sees Christ alive in me! Aside from her one day accepting Christ as her personal Lord and Savior, I desire nothing more than for her to poses a passion and willingness to give her time for His cause!
So with that my apologies for being a Blog Slacker but Glory be to Him for the reasons why!
No comments:
Post a Comment