So of course the very next day Casey and Anna-Claire head to Wal-Mart to get a cheap soccer ball. Please keep in mind that Casey HATES soccer! Like totally despises soccer! It is funny to me though when a father sees that a child might possibly have potential for a sport they immediately begin to force their prejudices for that sport to the side all for the sake of the child ... of course. I mean Casey actually went to Wal-Mart and bought (paid money for) a soccer ball! That is just hysterical to me. Oh, and no he didn't stop there. No! No! He actually took the time to get on the computer and google soccer coaching tips and drills. You gotta love a man's passion for the world of sports!
Shortly after the purchase the two headed back to the back yard! Casey practiced drill after drill with Anna-Claire. He even taught her how to dribble the ball up and down the yard! And I have to admit she was good ... I mean really good! She dribbled that ball, she kicked that ball, she scrimmaged that ball as if she had been doing it for years. I was totally in shock! Could it be that my girlie girl was an up and coming future soccer player? Needless to say we are signing her up for the local church soccer league this fall!
Look out David .... Anna-Claire is going to bend it like Beckham!

No comments:
Post a Comment